Feb 8, 2009

Goodbye Pinky.



Today we say goodbye to our Pinky. She was such a sweet cat and it was hard to let her go. Pinky had a tough time this month after spending 4 days in ICU at the U of M. She rebounded for about two weeks and was so happy to be home. But then slowly her kidneys got the best of her and she was back to not eating and not drinking. So we decided that she had had enough suffering and tonight at 5:50, we said goodbye. I'll remember her licking my ears and keeping us awake on our pillows every night. She kept all the animals in check, including the dogs. It was the first time I was in the room for the passing of a pet. It was way harder than I ever imagined. She'll be missed.

Jason

2 comments:

Raphaella Vaisseau said...

I am feeling the loss of your beautiful Pinky. I'll send love and light to all of you (including the remaining fur family) and will give my love and thoughts to Pinky in Spirit. Blessings from RV.

Unknown said...

I know your sadness & send my deepest sympathy for your loss. It is never easy to say goodbye. The hole in your heart will someday mend to a crack & memories will put a smile on your face but until then I will pray for comfort & peace to help you.

Cindy